Staff Engineer – Mobile Service Engineering
As a Staff Engineer, you will
· Design and implement customer facing product features across mobile & web applications, as well as infrastructure services and components for Mobile Service
· Be an SME and “Go To” person in Mobile Service domain with expertise in front end technologies
· Drive design, development, strategy for deployment and launch of Mobile native app.
· Collaborate with multiple product and engineering teams, external partners, release engineering and other stakeholders, be the representative of the technical team in x-functional forums.
· Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
· Ensure the systems we build/maintain are highly reliable and scalable
· Ensure that reported issues and bugs are prioritized and addressed correctly in an appropriate time frame
· Drive design and code reviews.
· Write quality code and documentation, be the gatekeeper to maintain best standards for code hygiene and practices across the team members.
· Design and maintain KPI’s and metrics to measure success of critical features and capabilities, identify issues using proper alerting mechanisms
· Monitor security vulnerabilities from various internal and external sources, address resolution of them in timely manner.
· Guide and mentor other team mates and junior member.
· BS in Computer Science or related area.
· 10+ years of a relevant work experience.
· Strong knowledge and experience (5+ years preferred) with Front end technologies (such as Angular, React, Ionic) for web based, native and hybrid solutions for Mobile Development.
· Experience of releasing major and incremental versions of mobile apps on AppStore (such as Google Play store, iOS)
· 3+ years of experience with RESTful services and Service Oriented Architecture design patterns.
· Experience with full stack application development
· Experience with high-performance distributed systems.
· Experience in core JAVA technologies including Spring Framework, JMS, Hibernate, and Enterprise Integration Patterns.
· Experience working with RDMS ( such as MYSQL) and NoSQL ( such as MongoDB, REDIS, Cassandra )
· Experience with analytical tools( such as SumoLogic) for metrics reporting, logging and troubleshooting and alerting.
· Experience working within an Agile/Scrum and CI/CD environment.
· Experience with Test Driven Development using JUnit/TestNG testing frameworks.
· Experience working with version control using GIT/BitBucket.
· Excellent documentation and collaboration skills.
· Applicable certification strongly preferred
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Good presentation skills, superior team work and collaboration skills.
Ability to work under pressure and respond with urgency